As most of your are aware, Alarm Monitoring Services has an action plan in place to ensure continued 24/7 monitoring of your subscribers even in the event of natural disasters and emergencies. Since the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) began releasing updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019), we have added some specific recommendations to our operational plan. We will continue to follow the CDC’s updates and adapt as necessary to continue protecting your business and your subscribers.
Here is what we have done so far:
- Our central station employees and supervisors have been instructed to look for the specific symptoms (fever, cough, and shortness of breath) of COVID-19 and to stay home if sick.
- We have maintained a sufficient stock of supplies to continue operations going forward.
- Our plan is in place should additional steps become necessary.
Our action plan includes provisions to reallocate staff within our office to prioritize monitoring and to bring-on additional monitoring support as needed. Our plan also includes the capacity to move monitoring services to a remote facility in the Midwest if circumstances in our local community require it. So far there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in the community where we operate our primary central station in North Louisiana.
We are prepared. We are engaged with local, state and national emergency responders.
We are also ready to help you if you need us.
If you need additional assistance as you respond to COVID-19, here are some services we provide:
- Accounts Receivable – AMS can handle your billing and collections and provide you with a monthly accounting report and check.
- Field Support – In the New Orleans region, we have two licensed technicians with more than 40 years of experience covering all the major system manufacturers. If you need help with a single service call, for a limited time, or indefinitely, call us to discuss the available options.
While you are dealing with COVID-19, please be aware that banks and computer security experts are warning about heightened levels of fraud. Criminals are trying to take advantage by posing as government entities, health organizations or as helpful vendors. They may ask directly for your personal information or may try to have you install software that would grant them access to secure information. As always, don’t open unrequested attachments, don’t click unrequested links and make sure your computer security software is up to date and working.
We will update you on our response to COVID-19 as the situation requires. Know that Alarm Monitoring Services is standing with you to protect your subscribers and your business and is ready to help in any way that we can. On behalf of my self, my husband Rick and all of our staff, we hope that you, your families and your employees remain healthy and safe.
Alarm Monitoring Services, Inc.